GAME ON – OLG needs you
We’ve said GAME ON, and we mean it – OLG is rapidly transforming its organization to better serve Ontarians by delivering great gaming experiences through our digital, retail lottery, and land-based casino channels. In our fiscal 2019-20 year alone, OLG delivered over $2.3 billion in net profit to the Province of Ontario. OLG is now expanding our horizons even further, with a new strategic direction, to become a world class gaming entertainment leader with a globally admired digital platform.
We are ready to take this game to the next level and need a passionate Senior Applications Support Specialist to deliver the day-to-day monitoring and maintenance of cloud and on-premises operations, including managing all aspects of the application environment in order to meet current and future application demand.
YOUR ROLE IN THE GAME
Reporting to the Sr Manager, Applications Support, you will be empowered to:
- Execute the day-to-day delivery for cloud/on-premises application operations activities including maintenance (daily checks, minor fixes or changes), upgrades/patches, preventative maintenance, optimization and lifecycle management (including decommissioning) to be able to provide stable and reliable technology solutions
- Deliver the design and development of application enhancements using the Cloud operations pillars methodologies, tools, and best practices framework to achieve the quality standards consistently
- Prepare and provide support in implementing, testing and integrating new applications to ensure stability
- Deliver tier 2 application support and supports tier 3 application support when required and escalates as necessary to ensure that issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Support the management of Technology assets through lifecycle from request to decommissioning to ensure reporting and tracking accuracy
- Support the change and release management process including defining release strategy & activities for change projects, service readiness & acceptance and service transition
- Develop and test the failure response, disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure adequate recovery time in order to minimize any disruptions
- Identify, assess, and communicate cloud/on-premises operational risks and supports the development of recommendations outlining how to reduce any risk exposure
- Maintain and update key process and procedures documentation pertaining to cloud operations to ensure that collateral is kept up to date and utilized by new joiners to enable business continuity
- Knowledge around application support and management of enterprise application suite such as: Batch automation systems | Dynatrace | IBM Cognos | IBM Info sphere Information Server | IBM WebSphere Microsoft Power BI | Oracle Siebel | Secure FTP services | Software AG Web Methods
- Knowledge around: Microsoft Azure Cloud Environment Management | Enterprise Technology Infrastructure, Network Communication, Security, and Virtualization
- Operating Systems – Windows, Linux, AIX
- Technical Troubleshooting | Application Operation and Health Monitoring | Performance Measurement and Tuning |ITIL Service Management Framework
WHAT YOU NEED TO PLAY
Work Experience: Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or related function | Minimum three (3) years’ experience in cloud/on-premises operations/application operations in a fast-paced enterprise environment | Experience managing and maintaining both on-premises and cloud application environments
Education: post-secondary degree, preferably in information systems, business administration and/or project management discipline, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Critical Skills: Proficiency in any of these skills: Technical Troubleshooting, Application Operation and Health Monitoring, Cloud Resource Management, Technology Systems Management | Application Delivery Process | Application Software Implementation | Application Maintenance | Software Installation and Support | Performance Measurement and Tuning, Data Governance | System and Technology Integration | Middleware | Information Management | Data Administration | Data Warehousing | Data Movement Tools | Repository Tools | Database Structures.
Negotiation and Influence: ability to negotiate and influence effectively while being open to perspectives and maintaining strong relationships
Strategic Thinker: strong strategic and critical thinker with ability to delve into unique challenges and find creative solutions
Collaboration & Fun: inclusive and collaborative work style while creating fun and excitement in our work
Integrity and Trust: do what’s right and operate with transparency and openness
Licenses, Registrations, Certificates:
AGCO Category 2 Gaming Assistant Registration (Initiated at offer stage – employment is conditional upon obtaining and maintaining this license)
PERKS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Part of a Bigger Picture: socially responsible company that gives back all its profits to the province and people of Ontario
- Flexible Work Environment: to help balance both work and life
- You Matter: family friendly work practices and hybrid work
- Freedom to Innovate: supports new and better ways to be successful
- Be your Authentic Self: environment that values diversity as a source of strength
- Learning Galore: 24-7 access to robust online learning programs
- Public Service Pension Plan: participate in a major defined benefit pension plan sponsored by the Government of Ontario
- Variable Pay Program: performance-based incentives to share in our success (Permanent OLG Employees Only)
Learn about OLG – GAME ON!
OLG’s purpose is to contribute to a better Ontario by delivering great entertainment experiences for our customers. We are a multi-billion-dollar organization with a wide array of business lines including, lottery, land-based casinos, digital lottery and casino, horseracing, and charitable gaming. OLG is amidst a massive transformation focusing on being customer obsessed and bringing our digital business to a whole new level.
The key to our success is our people. Our culture will be grounded in true, positive partnerships that embrace trust, clarity, and openness in all that we do. We are supporting and empowering employees and teams across the organization through greater accountability, leadership development and growth opportunities. OLG is embracing more flexible work options and family friendly work practices including hybrid work.
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential elements of our culture and cornerstones of the Five Truths that OLGers Live by. At OLG, our employees have the space to be themselves and use their perspectives and skills to benefit the people and the Province of Ontario. OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
While we are re-shaping and growing our business, we are unwavering when it comes to living our purpose, and ensuring our business delivers meaningful benefits for the people of Ontario. OLG’s net profits are reinvested back into the province, contributing to the quality of life for Ontarians.
To learn more about OLG go to our website at www.olg.ca
We look forward to hearing from you, interested applicants please apply online by December 14, 2022.
OLG is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Please contact Human Resources at [email protected] if you require accommodation at any time throughout the hire process.
We thank you for your interest in this opportunity; however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.