At the University of Bremen, in Department 3 – Mathematics and Computer Science, working group Prof. Dr. Dr. Niehaves – within the BMBF-funded research project VR-Chain , one position is available until 30.12.2025 as
Research Assistant (f/m/d)
in the subject area “Inspirational Technology”
with the full regular weekly working time (100%) of a corresponding full-time employee – pay group 13 TV-L
are to be filled by 01.02.2023 or the next possible later date – subject to project approval.
What you can expect:
At the University of Bremen, our newly established research group (led by Prof. Dr. Dr. Niehaves) deals with innovative inspirational technology (e.g., driven by AI, Augmented Reality or Virtual Reality) that inspires people to new solutions and/or increases decision quality. The context ranges from work and service design or group creativity to public scenarios. Together with practice partners, we will start the BMBF-funded research project VR-Chain (Virtual Reality to Support Sustainable Networking in Value Chains) on 01.01.2023, within which the advertised position is also located.
- Conducting research activities and project management tasks in the project
- Independent and committed work in close cooperation with internal and external project partners
- Support and co-organization of (inter)national workshops and conferences.within the scope of the project
- Interest and concrete prior experience in one or more of the following topics: Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality Research, Collaboration Research, Creativity Research, Technology Acceptance, User Experience Design, Quantitative Research Methodology, Qualitative Research Methodology
- Completed academic university studies (master’s degree, university diploma, doctorate or a comparable degree) in computer science (including information systems and media informatics), psychology, or business administration studies
- Good command of English
- Willingness and ability to familiarize yourself with new topics
What we offer:
- A dynamic team and international networking opportunities (including stays abroad)
- Comprehensive support for your ambitious research activities
- Excellent facilities and the opportunity to shape your own research
- Close cooperation with industry and public organisations
The university is family-friendly, diverse and sees itself as an international university. We therefore welcome all applicants regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion/belief, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
The University of Bremen aims to increase the proportion of women in the academic field and therefore strongly encourages women to apply.
Severely disabled persons are given preference in the case of essentially equal professional and personal suitability.
Please direct any queries to: Prof. Dr. Dr. Bj rn Niehaves ([email protected]).
Please address your application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, master’s degree certificate, etc.) quoting the reference number A320/22, by December 14th, 2022 to
University of Bremen
Department 3 – Mathematics and Computer Science
Prof. Dr. Dr. Bj rn Niehaves
Bibliothekstra e 5
or in in electronic form (in a single PDF-file) to [email protected].
Applications can be either in German or English. Incomplete applications (e.g. missing a cover letter) will not be considered.
Any paper applications will not be returned after the selection process has been completed, but will be disposed.